Upping Your Practice 2024
REGISTRATION OPENS DECEMBER
Attendance is Limited
Where: Boca Raton Marriott, Boca Raton, Florida
When: February 22-24, 2024
Cost: $1,190 thru January 5, 2024: $1,390 after January 6, 2024
Objective: This program is designed to pick up where the 360 Program ends. In an interactive format, national experts will join Elder Law College members in workshopping specific practice areas and honing skills in running a successful practice. Meet with your colleagues and have fun while learning.
Schedule: Thursday the 22nd at 7 PM is our Welcome Reception with drinks and heavy hors d’oeuvres; then dinner on your own. Friday and Saturday meetings run from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Sunday is your day to travel home or to have fun in South Florida. An optional group tour of the Morikami Gardens will take place.
Guardianship — Learn how to secure and handle guardianship cases while avoiding the many pitfalls.
Irrevocable Trusts in Medicaid Planning: Learn the when and how of Irrevocable trusts in Medicaid asset protection planning from both a tax lawyer and an Elder Law Attorney.
Pricing and the Business of Elder Law: How do you know if you are charging the right fee? How do you measure success? Hear from the 15-year veteran CFO of Solkoff Legal, P.A. who will give you a spreadsheet tool to take home.
Marketing: Learn how to get the right business smartly and inexpensively.
A sampling of Topics for program
- Panel Discussion: Marketing for the right Elder Law Clients
- Gifting, Promissory Notes and Annuities: Single person and married couple options for Medicaid eligibility
- Dealing with or Adding Guardianship and Guardianship Advocacy to your practice
- VA Monthly Pension with Aid and Attendance and more: Special Pre-Program opportunity (qualifies for VA accreditation)
- Social Security Programs: Retirement, SSI and SSDI (pending confirmation)
- Practice Cases
- Planning with SECURE Act and Retirement Accounts
- White Board Session: An interactive discussion of fact patterns and issues raised by attendees and facilitators
- When and How to Use Irrevocable Medicaid Trusts plus Tax Issues
- Ethics in the Elder Law Practice
- Plus time for networking, breaking bread and shared learning
- Pricing and Assessment of Revenue Goals
Some of the speakers/facilitators
- Scott Solkoff
- Vanessa Kanaga
- Letha McDowell
- Emma Hemness
- Michael Lampert
- Brandon Arkin
- Patrick Clifford
- Brian Carroll
*Registration is limited and may close out prior to the price-change dates. This is for a live program. There is no virtual attendance option. Pricing is for active members in good standing. Registration will be available to past-members after November 5th if space remains available.
Optional Pre-Program Intensive:
- VA Monthly Pension with Aid and Attendance and More: Elder Law College’s VA Benefits Seminar is designed to provide attorneys with the necessary information and resources to assist clients who have served in the armed forces in applying for and obtaining VA benefits. The program is designed to comply with the Department of Veterans Affairs’ requirements for accreditation of attorneys of agents and attorneys.
- Cost: $360
- Date: Thursday Feb 22nd
- Location: Boca Raton Marriott- Boca Raton, FL
- Register: Here
- 360° Elder Law Practice Builder” in a Nutshell: For ten years, Elder Law College has offered its three and a half day “boot camp” style course on building an Elder Law practice. Here it is offered in a condensed four-hour course suitable as a refresher or a prelude.
- Cost: Free to Members of Elder Law College
- Date: Thursday Feb 22nd
- Time 3-7pm est